Surrealis Sounds – Recording Studio Berlin
Welcome to Surrealis Sounds, recording studio based in Berlin-Lichterfelde. We can record your music project in up to 3 separated recording rooms with a visual connection. All rooms have daylight including the control room. Oxygen needs can be satisfied in the adjoining garden. We work with state of the art digital technology, as well as hi-end analog equipment and vintage microphones.
Digital Recording & Analog Outboard
Get the best out of the digital and analog worlds. The Studer console gives us flexibility of using analog summing or working in the box. We use Pro-Tools HD with a variety of plug-ins, and state of the art analog outboard equipment and specials like an EMT analog goldplate. It is important for us not just to offer the best technical production possibilities, but also to provide a warmly inspiring environment.
Are you a Band or Singer/Songwriter ?
We have the capacity to record everything from band/large ensembles to solo productions. Thanks to our cooperation with Teldex Studio Berlin we can record in different rooms – which room(s) we use depends on your needs and the recording situation. The friendly and open designs of the rooms at our recording studio Berlin are great for all types of recording.
Recording & Mixing
We are at home in most music genres. As well as doing a lot of jazz, acoustic, pop, singer/songwriter and new-folk, we are also very glad to do other types of productions e.g. rock or classical etc. We are totally flexible as far as the mixing process is concerned, because the mix is digital (total recall) with additional use of connected outboard equipment.
We would also be glad to work on material already recorded e.g. with regard to additional recordings, mixing, editing and mastering.
We have real gems in our selection of microphones – as well as our own equipment we have access to the legendary Teldex microphone collection. Our microphones include: DPA 4011, AKG c414, Gefell um 70, div. Haun, custom-made Rhode ntv , Sennheiser 441.
- Mixing-desk: Studer
- DAW: mac mini os x 10.14.7, Pro Tools 12 hd-native with 192 interfaces, Logic Pro X, Hofa CD-Burn
- Outboard: Bricasti m7, EMT 246, EMT 240, EMT 257, Quantec qrs xl, Roland re 301, Lexicon 300, Chandler little devil comp, Neumann u473, Tubetech cl1b…. ( Teldex Studio )
- Mic-pre: Neve 1073, Chandler little devil, Studer mic-pre, Neve portico 5012
- Plug-ins: Antares, Atmosphere, Brainworx, iZotope, MC DSP, Melodyne, Native Instruments, Slate Digital, Sony Oxford, Soundtoys, SSL Duende, TC VSS3, Waves etc.
- Monitors: Neumann kh 310 with subs via Trinnov technology ( for linear phase and frequency regulation )
Thanks to Teldex Studio for the above-mentioned cooperation.